Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Make a Dent

Lent begins in a few minutes.

I never participate in lent.. I never have.

But this year, Hillside is going through a series leading up to Easter called Season of Transformation.

As leadership, we all committed to giving up something for the sake of mindful transformation.


I have been anxious the past week, knowing that this 40-day struggle will begin...... and today, my palms started sweating as I drank my last cup of morning coffee.... and then I had a large genmai-cha from Cafe Dulcé before our meeting....... I will also share that I indulged in very many glasses of wine the past few days.......

and so there it is.

I am giving up all non-water beverages. * faint *

For me, this is a struggle against my physical, mental & spiritual state of being since I really cannot go a day without a combination of my morning espresso, my green & ginseng teas at work & my love for wine on nights-in and/or evenings-out........


But yes, I know that the struggle will be a beauty in the light of this season of being transparent & transforming before the cross.

I want to make a noticeable dent in my walk this year.

Last year was brokenness.
This year is transformation.

Onward.

3 comments:

  1. nothing feels better than being hydrated

    ReplyDelete
  2. water is great :)

    no caffeine is ouch. i've been through withdrawal many times. it'll take a few days, and perhaps a few headaches, but once youre out of it.. you'll be more consistent. with sleeping. and waking. and living life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice. water with a dash of lemon? you got this.

    ReplyDelete