Thursday, December 10, 2009

Urgency.

I have a very bad tendency to live life too comfortably..
I do this until I see the end of the road, which then leaves me at a panic state with "sudden" urgency.


Care to read..?


1. I have been saying I will go abroad throughout college. I waited until the day before the ISA deadline to finally decide and apply. I knew it would be my last chance. Through crazy paperwork & low funds, I waited until the last minute to get everything done. I paid my dues by spending 6 hours at the Spanish Consulate office yesterday because I did not purchase my plane tickets earlier. But thanks to the urgency, it is confirmed that I am now Spain-bound in a month.


2. WaSa-- the love of my life-- has been the home of my humble sushi waitressing job for the past 38 months (3 years and 2 months!). The kitchen guys, who are all Mexican, are like my brothers whom I have really wanted to share the Gospel with for years. When I found out I was quitting, (*stab*in*heart*!): I realized I had less than 3 months to do this before I left for Spain. Oh~ the urgency! Within that week, I found a local Hispanic church que se llama, Rios de Agua Viva. There were 2 conditions that they gave me when finding a church. 1) It had to start past 1pm because they have weekly soccer games, and 2) It had to end in time for them to go to work by 4pm. The first & only church we had to visit met both those requirements. I have been missing my home church for the past 7 weeks, but God has been blessing me so much through this experience. I would have never imagined myself going to a Hispanic church, as the only chink-eyed Korean girl with 5 WaSa brothers. The most amazing part about this whole thing is how much I see them opening their hearts to God. They want a bible. They want Christian music. Most importantly, they keep coming every Sunday. I had to miss this past Sunday because my home church got a new EM pastor. I assumed they would miss if I bailed on them, but I called Sunday morning and told Juan I could not make it.. Sure enough, they all went! There is nothing more than being called to bring His people to Him. God loves Juan, Carlos, Jaime, Oscar & Mario. All He wanted me to do was bring them to Him and He makes all things well. What made me wait until now..? My sinful comforts and blindness. People, URGENCY.


3. I spent my last quarter knowing that my Sociology majors seminar course was based on one research paper. In the past couple weeks, my group mates started their chapters, but I did not. Our chapters, 15-18 pages, are being binded tomorrow morning at 10 AM. My group mates are done, but they extended the binding for me because I have only 6 pages at this very moment. I realize, now, that there is an urgency for me to get off my ass and write this research paper.




YamorY,
estef.

3 comments:

  1. <3 you can do it :] i loved reading this post even though i should be writing my paper as well!
    -rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol
    i love the level of intenseness of urgency after each event
    good post.
    and welcome, finally:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2 was beautiful. I can see God working <3

    ReplyDelete