Monday, April 30, 2012

No Other Way

A song came on at Cafe DulcĂ© tonight & it immediately took me back to an exact moment in 2005 when I was 17 young, wild & carefree. What flooded in my mind for those few, slow & good minutes made me zone out & backtrack to that night–

Black Honda Element
710 South freeway
Early April
Minutes past midnight
Windows down all around
Me, myself & I.

Thinking back, it is all but a mysterious memory that lasted for the night. No one was aware of it then, and no one around to give account of it now. My life has always been so obscure, to myself more than anyone else. Or maybe it just tends to present itself to have been cooler than it actually ever was.

Music can do that to you.
Here is to my ongoing soundtrack of my ever-so-cool life.

No comments:

Post a Comment