Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013: A Clog

Tomorrow is 2014.

365 days ago, I was on a NYE hike up Echo Mountain, overlooking the greater city into the new year with high hopes for the uncertain days ahead.

A year later today, I sit here at my work desk in an almost empty office and have little to say about 2013not to say it was bad in any way. The past year was goood for my soul. It was stretched, twisted, numbed and reshaped to its original form all at once; my heart. 

This year was also the least I ever journal-ed or blogged. Hence my title, A Clog. I feel it in me. I know all the thoughts that took residence in the entirety of 2013 and all the profound, deep quotes I could have written of this grand ol' life of mine. It should have been blogged out for my peace of mind. But alas, no evidence. The disconnect from there to here is a giant clog of internal sh!t and the struggle is real my friends! (Pretty much just Saehoon, Will & Cadengo-- hi friends.)

But really, the struggle is so very real. I got straight up dominated by my newest friend, Eczema, along with the company of old ones-- Cold Sore, Ulcer & Chan Hos—  all by the stressors of killjoy. Whatever it was, I never felt like I had to fight so hard for my joy, inside and out. I forget life before all these scars and scratches on my neck and stomach. Yet in the bigger scheme of things, the joy I gained through & through have never been this satisfying & this constant. 

Joy is above my circumstances. 
And circumstantial joy is but happiness. 

"...Remember the whole way that the Lord your God has led you these forty years in the wilderness, that he might humble you, testing you to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep his commandments or not. And he humbled you and let you hunger and fed you with manna, which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that he might make you know that man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord. Your clothing did not wear out on you and your foot did not swell these forty years.  
Know then in your heart that, as a man disciplines his son, the Lord your God disciplines you. So you shall keep the commandments of the Lord your God by walking in his ways and by fearing him.For the Lord your God is bringing you into a good land..." (Deuteronomy 8:2-7) 

Do not be so quick to forget, Estefania.

To the good land we go-- goodbye to one, hello to tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. hi estef. you should write a book.

    that verse hit the spot for me just now, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. You write the book and I will write a post... Hahahaha

      Delete