Sunday, June 5, 2011

Modern Day's Stone Age Bath

I will be doing a series of posts on my every day activities.

First off, I live in a house with running water and electricity. So for those of you who always ask me if I am going to be living in the dark with pails of water, that is false. Kabul is very much modernized in technological ways, yet the streets remind me of some decades ago in the middle of Korea or something.

I live on the 2nd floor of my house in a small corner bedroom that I have made quaint and as home-y as possible in the past week. My house is also the office/headquarters so during the day, there are many people in & out, using the other half of the area for work.

I will post photos of my living quarters in a future post. For now, I want to share to you the most important room in the house besides my bedroom- the bathroom. The water is very weak and has barely any pressure so to make my shower, time/water-efficient, I run hot water into buckets... it takes about 20 minutes for me to fill up 3 buckets and then another 20 minutes to get my ish done.

My bathroom basket 

The long process of water storage
(Note: I manage to squeeze into the tub along with them. Quite crowded.)

Our precious, precious water heater

My pink everything toilet to everything bathroom
(If you know me, pink is my least favorite color.)

Our washer & non-functional dryer, also sharing space in bathroom



There you go; a glimpse into my daily trips to my bathroom. Next entry, I will post photos from my trip to the mechanic body shop. :) 

Khodahafez..! (Dari 101: Good bye)

4 comments:

  1. you were ready for this! fighting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this! please make a bloglovin so its easier to see when you update! miss you and im so sad i didnt get to see you before :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you thank you, where did you go for school? post high school?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Diana, Bloglovin seems confusing... will it link all the blogs I already follow through blogger?

    @DJ, went to UCI then studied in Spain for half a year, then lived in NY for the second half.. and now I am in Kabul for the year. (We first met in Berkeley, I think?)

    ReplyDelete