Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Heaven via Pandora

EDIT (1/31/10):
Just watched a John Piper sermon from Jan 10, 2010 in Minneapolis, titled "Holding Fast to the World of Life in 2010" and towards the end of the video, he goes through one of his repeated rantings (lol, love them). The last thing he says, which was not part of his manuscript, was "Avatar is boring!" It reminded me of myself and I got ggpwn3d. Nothing more satisfying than the truth!
------------------------------------------------------------

I just got home from watching Avatar in IMAX 3D... It was breath taking! The whole story was predictable since I went in knowing it would be the traditional "white man saves all" (i.e. Dances with Wolves, The Last Samurai).. but James Cameron really took it to the next level. I walked out with googly eyes that did not want to step out (or back) into reality. Hahaha..

Anyway, that is the besides the point.. So after the movie, I come home and I am chatting with one of my Nica teammates, Elisa. She has not watched the movie yet, but she was sharing my excitement with me. lol. I tell her how amazing it was and how beautiful the world of Pandora was.. Her response is what put me in awe and left me in thought.


elisa: awwwwwasfjksf
elisa: omg
elisa: can you imagine
elisa: heaven is like a billion times that
elisa: cant wait to die lol


Yes! Heaven awaits... I was having post-Avatar syndromes, but I realized that the world of Pandora is just a damn good illusion, courtesy of James Cameron. The real Pandora of true beauty will come in time. Heaven, cannot wait to be there......

No comments:

Post a Comment